Helping clients since 1957
Located in Columbus, Ohio, the attorneys and staff of Abraham Law Offices practice exceptional legal representation and customer service. We work for you, the client, engaging in an array of business, civil, family and civil matters. We represent all walks of clientele from across the country. We bring extensive experience and professionalism to every case and customize our support to your individual needs and concerns.
Our law firm has been in existence since 1957. We boast an extremely low attorney turnover rate, so the attorney who represents you today will likely be here to represent you in the future.
Get in touch with us to set up a consultation, or use the contact form at the bottom of this page to inquire whether our services are right for you.
24 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Areas of Practice
As the owner of a small business, you know that occasionally you find yourself in a position where you have a legal issue you do not understand. At ALO, we have been working with small businesses for over 20 years and can help you navigate common legal issues such as licensing, vendor disputes, leasing, and employment issues.
COMMON SMALL BUSINESS MATTERS
- Structure: Ownership interests, Operating Agreements, Formation, Federal ID Tax Filings
- Litigation: Vendor disputes, Leasing, Eviction, Non-Payment
- Employment: Employment Contracts, Non-Compete Litigation, Wrongful Termination
Civil litigation can be a confusing process that involves many different steps of discovery, motion practice, and depositions. ALO will help you navigate the civil legal system and understand the risks involved in such litigation. If you or your business is being sued, or if you believe that you have a valid claim against another entity, please contact our office to discuss the matter today.
COMMON CIVIL MATTERS:
- PROPERTY DISPUTES
- PERSONAL INJURY
- CONTRACT MATTERS
Sometimes being a parent involves protecting your child from dangerous consequences. Oftentimes, otherwise good kids get themselves involved in situations that are out of character, and we are here to help. From juvenile traffic and criminal violations to abuse, neglect, and dependency cases, ALO is very experienced in the handling of juvenile matters.
LICENSING & ADMINISTRATIVE
Operating a small business in Ohio may involve numerous forms and licensing requirements to stay compliant with local, state, and federal laws. ALO is familiar with the application processes for obtaining common licenses and permits and the defense of attempted revocation of licenses and permits.
COMMON ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS
- Department of Commerce, Division of Liquor Control and Liquor Control Commission
- USDA SNAP and WIC
- Ohio Lottery Commission
- Ohio Department of Taxation Hearings
MULTI LEVEL MARKETING (MLM)
ALO has serve as counsel to the Independent Business Owners of America International, Inc. (the “IBOAI”), the largest direct selling trade association in North America, since the 1980s. Formerly, Rick's late father represented the IBOAI's predecessor in the 1970s. Rick is well-versed in the intricacies of the development and success of MLM companies and the individuals who operate them.
FAMILY LAW AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS
The stress and questions involved in the breakup of a family will take its toll on anyone. Abraham Law Office is experienced in handling all sorts of Family Law matters and is happy to sit down and answer questions that you have.
COMMON DOMESTIC MATTERS:
- CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATIONS
- PARENTING TIME
If you are being charged or you suspect you are about to be charged with a criminal offense, you know that it can be a stressful and confusing time. ALO is experienced in the handling of all levels of criminal offenses from minor misdemeanors to felonies and federal indictments.
COMMON CRIMINAL OFFENSES
- VIOLENT CRIMES: Assault, Domestic Violence, Menacing, Stalking, Telephone Harassment, Rape, Murder, Manslaughter, Involuntary Manslaughter, Negligent Homicide, Gross Sexual Imposition,
- DRUG CHARGES: Possession of Marijuana, or other Controlled Substances (Cocaine, Heroin, Prescription medications, methamphetamine, LSD, mushrooms, etc.), Intent to distribute, Civil Drug Forfeitures, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Drug Instruments, Operation of a Motor Vehicle While Impaired by an illegal drug, or drug of abuse.
- ALCOHOL RELATED OFFENSES: Underage Consumption, Underage Possession of Alcohol, Open Container, Sale to Under Age, Drunk & Disorderly Conduct, Possession of False ID
- PROPERTY CRIMES: Criminal Trespass, Theft, Unauthorized Use of Property, Shoplifting, Embezzlement, Criminal Damaging, Aggravated Burglary, Aggravated Robbery, Robbery, Vandalism
Use the form below to contact us regarding your legal inquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. Include your industry along with any specific document requests. To help us best service your inquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.
For job opportunities, please email us your resume. We’re always looking for new and exceptional talent to lead the firm into uncharted fields of practice.